Taking proper care of your skin doesn’t create beauty—it merely allows your unique natural beauty to shine through. No matter your age, your skincare routine should emphasize you at your most radiant, not invent a new look. Now, if you want to build on your radiant foundation with creative makeup techniques, that’s fantastic—but starting from your natural strengths is key.
With that in mind, what to do about wrinkles. Over the years, surely your many smiles, laughs, and winks have begun to leave their mark. First of all, don’t stop smiling. And don’t stop moving. Keep creating the joy that you need to shine through. For us, talking about how to remove wrinkles is not a realistic approach, but—thankfully—working on reducing their appearance in a healthy way is! You can manage those natural lines and creases so they become healthy hints of all the good things around and within you.
The science of wrinkles
Wrinkles are simply a natural part of aging, and there are a few factors that create them.
- Aging and cells. As a person ages, their skin gets thinner and drier and loses elasticity. This is because the reproduction of skin cells slows down or stops completely and the skin’s inner layer, called the dermis, begins to thin.
- Aging and moisture. Older skin has a harder time retaining moisture. It produces smaller amounts of natural oils and heals more slowly. When skin is dry, fine lines are more visible.
- Sun exposure. The areas of the skin that get the most wrinkles—the face, neck, and backs of the hands—also experience the most sun exposure. Ultraviolet radiation from the sun damages the genetic materials in your skin, making it more prone to wrinkles.
- Smoking. Smoking cigarettes slows down the production of collagen, which keeps skin firm and healthy.
- Heredity. Some people simply get more wrinkles than others because it is in their genes.
Out of these five things, there are two you can address right now:
- Always use sunscreen and wear a sun hat when going outside for long periods.
- Don’t smoke.
In addition to these steps, you can do a few other things to slow and even reverse the aging process—at least a bit.
How to get rid of wrinkles on your hands
One of the easiest ways to give hands an instant boost is to exfoliate the dead skin cells and then moisturize. Exfoliating is easy, and it doesn’t need to be harsh. Mild chemical exfoliants like the alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) found in RENUAdvanced® Gentle Refining Cleanser can help remove old cells without any elbow grease. When the top dead layer of skin cells is removed, the skin can absorb moisturizers better than before.
Apply a moisturizer targeted to reduce wrinkles. Any product that is safe for your face is also safe for your hands.
To target surface skin cells directly, try applying RENU28® Revitalizing Redox Gel even before you moisturize. This gel features redox technology to promote the sending and receiving of signals that lets cells know when it’s time to be renewed and replaced.* Using RENU28 Gel for 28 days encourages skin cell turnover, leaving skin looking tighter and more nourished.
Benefits of using RENU28 Gel for four weeks*
- Improve the appearance of skin smoothness
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite and wrinkles
- Support surface skin cell renewal for visibly younger-looking skin
- 20% improvement in elasticity
*Independent studies conducted by Dermatest® and Stephens & Associates®.
How to get rid of wrinkles on your face
There are lots of facial products and services that help improve the appearance of skin:
- Vitamin serums
- Chemical peels
- Ultrasound therapies
- Plastic surgeries
- Skin fillers
But what people tend to forget is that skin health is linked directly to the cells. If you target cells, skin begins to see visible results.
RENUAdvanced Skin Care by ASEA is specifically designed to target problems where they begin: the cells. This anti-aging skincare system is simple, painless, and easy to use.
- Gentle Refining Cleanser: This cleanser works with cellular health in mind. It gently washes away makeup, oils, and impurities while leaving skin balanced and toned.
- Intensive Redox Serum: Introducing our skincare secret weapon. Packed full of cell signaling messengers that promote renewal and cellular turnover, this intensive gel improves skin appearance and smoothness.
- Ultra Replenishing Moisturizer: With a focus on deep hydration and cellular health, this moisturizer helps enhance elasticity and firmness while reducing the appearance of fine wrinkles.
Fight wrinkles and fuel good feelings
We want you to feel good about yourself, and that feeling should come from within. Look to your purpose and your potential first. Yet, looking and feeling good on the outside can go a long way toward loving your inner self. So please take time to take care of yourself, and let us support you in your efforts. Go ahead, fight your wrinkles. We can help. But take a moment to appreciate the place of joy they come from first. Then, the results you deserve will shine from the inside out.
ASEA is committed to powering your potential. Learn how our redox-powered wellness and skincare products can help you look, feel, and become your best self.