You might be wondering how to make your skin look younger. First impressions are lasting, and skin is arguably the first thing a person notices. If you’re 30 or younger you might not think twice about this, but as we get older our skin changes.
Skin appearance starts with cells. As a person ages, their skin cells don’t reproduce as quickly, collagen and moisture are lost, and skin thins. This all leads to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
In addition to this, sun damage and discoloration begin to appear. Fortunately, it’s not too late to learn how to make skin look younger.
Makeup tips for younger-looking skin
Makeup (done right) can work wonders for bringing a healthy, youthful glow to the skin. Here are some simple tricks to keep it light and fresh and to protect your skin over time:
- Use a primer. Primer is made to make skin look smooth and fill in pores and fine wrinkles. It doesn’t get rid of the imperfections; it simply makes them disappear for the day.
- Choose a light foundation, and apply to well-moisturized skin. Heavy foundations get cakey and ultimately crack, rendering wrinkles and lines even more apparent than before.
- Go one shade lighter under the eyes. Once you’ve found a great foundation, choose a secondary, lighter foundation for the delicate skin under the eyes. This will help brighten the eyes while hiding any dark under-eye discoloration.
Skincare tips for younger-looking skin
Having a daily skincare routine is imperative for healthy, younger-looking skin. If you don’t have a routine yet, never fear: Now is the perfect time to start.
- The first step in effective skincare is to keep skin clean. Use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip the skin of its natural oils. ASEA has an age-fighting skincare system, so if you’re not sure which products to start with, this is a great option.
- Apply moisturizer. After washing your face, and before it is completely dry, apply a great moisturizer. This will reduce fine lines that come from dry skin and create a boundary between your skin and airborne toxins.
- Sun exposure is a leading cause of prematurely aging skin, so don’t forget the sunscreen. Apply sunscreen—or a moisturizer containing sunscreen—to your face and hands every day, no matter the weather.
- Exfoliate regularly. Exfoliating clears dead skin cells from the top layer of skin, allowing moisture to be absorbed more easily. The result is healthier and more vibrant skin!
How to directly target skin cells
The truth is, unless you can change your skin’s cells, there’s not a whole lot that can be altered about the appearance of your skin. But thanks to our redox technology, targeting the cells is possible:
- RENU28® Revitalizing Redox Gel by ASEA: This is a rejuvenating gel that contains redox signaling molecules. It targets cells directly and has been shown to support surface cell renewal for visibly younger-looking skin, help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and make skin appear smoother.
- Add moisturizer to your skincare routine. Deep hydration and age-fighting help give you the appearance of younger-looking skin. Keeping your skin hydrated and vibrant is an easy way to enhance skin elasticity, firmness, and reduce the appearance of and depth of lines and wrinkles. RenuAdvanced Ultra Replenishing Moisturizer offers you a defense of a healthy skin barrier to protect you from exterior stressors and pollutants.
- Use products that contain alpha-hydroxy acids. ASEA’s RENUAdvanced Gentle Refining Cleanser has this active ingredient. These chemicals are derived from plants and used to remove the top layer of skin cells, which improves the appearance of fine lines, especially around the eyes.
Lastly, and only if you’ve done your research, so you truly know what you are doing, there are some options you can hire skin care professional to help with:
- Facial ultrasound, called ultherapy, is noninvasive and can stimulate collagen production and help lift the face.
- Fillers can be injected into the skin to plump or fill areas, such as laugh lines or other places where the skin has lost volume.
- Laser resurfacing can minimize discoloration and reduce wrinkles.
- Botox is the process of injecting a chemical into wrinkles to paralyze them, thus releasing the wrinkles in the eyebrow and forehead.
Before you invest in invasive therapies which require downtime, try ASEA skincare products. You can have the skin you’ve always wanted in a simple, cell-targeting regimen without taking drastic steps. Feeling beautiful on the outside helps you feel beautiful on the inside, and that is worth investing in.